About Us

 

LOCATION

Our central offices are located on the 2nd floor of the historic Burlington Arcade in sunny Pasadena, California above Float Coffee Shop. Free 90 minute parking in the Shoppers Lane lot behind our building. Walk-ins welcome. No appointment needed.

Since 2008 The Watch Buyers Group has taken a transparent approach to all things watches. Our services include…
 

BUYING

When we buy a watch we make every effort to explain (1) our assumed cost in readying the watch for resale, (2) the length of time we anticipate that we will hold the watch before it sells, and (3) what we ultimately expect to sell it for. Selling a watch is a tricky proposition, and we, of course, are purchasing it to make a profit. This creates an instant distrust in the seller’s mind. A distrust that we try to obliterate through education and transparency. We regularly refer clients to other dealers, or to other selling outlets, both retail and wholesale, if they have the time, and want to maximize the sale price of their timepiece. http://www.thewatchbuyersgroup.com/sell-your-watch/
 

SELLING

Most of the watches that we buy already have an intended outlet. Whether it be a vintage Rolex that needs a major restoration, or a modern rose gold Patek Philippe, we generally know where we plan to sell it, and therefore, do not leave our inventory sitting in a showcase at our location collecting dust. This results in a very high turn over date, meaning that we are able to operate on a very slim margin. The downside to this is that we do not have our inventory on display for you to browse. Most of the watches we own are in various stages of servicing, or are placed for sale at one of our brick-and-mortar partner stores, or on one of our online retail assets. Once you know exactly what you are looking for, we either have it, or can find it for you through our network of dealers. This is true for both used, and new timepieces. http://www.thewatchbuyersgroup.com/mens-rolex/
 

SERVICING

We soon expect to be servicing over 1000 Rolex watches each year (and that doesn't include the other brands we service). Only about 30% of our service jobs come from walk-in customers. The remaining 70% of the watches we service are shipped to us using our free roundtrip, insured UPS shipping plan, from locations all over the United States. We genuinely appreciate the relationships that we’ve established with our repair customers and we are constantly taken-aback by the trust people place in us. For this we have only one thing to say: Thank you. http://www.thewatchbuyersgroup.com/rolex-repair/
 

APPRAISALS & AUTHENTIFICATION

Whether for insurance purposes, or to authenticate a timepiece, we offer stand alone in-house appraisal services. Not only do insurance appraisals assist greatly in any insurance claim of theft or damage, insurance appraisals actually increase the value of your watch and make them easier to sell. Accreditation by the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers (NAJA). http://www.thewatchbuyersgroup.com/watch_appraisals

CONTACT

  • 380 S Lake Ave, Ste 206
  • Pasadena, CA 91101
  • (626) 844-0170
  • Email